The boxes included items from different categories:
- Wear: hat, gloves, scarf, swim suit / swim shorts
- Write with/on : crayons, colouring book, pencils
- Wash: shampoo, hair gel, deodorant
- Play with: toy, bubbles, skipping rope
- Eat: sweets / treat
- Cuddle : soft toy, teddy bear, doll
In the week before closing for the Christmas holidays 12 students represented all the secondary students at De Koepel and gave the shoebox presents that they made to the refugee children there.
The response of those kids was amazing - they were so excited to get a gift and their huge smiles were the best thing ever! It was a very humbling experience to be there and see how our efforts made those less fortunate children so happy.
Posted on 22-12-2015